Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mercy Alive!

I'm not sure who said it but I remember hearing as a child, "mercy sakes alive." I'm not even sure what it means. Probably someone's mother, grandmother, and great grandmother said it and so it goes and goes and goes!

Oh, I have learned much about mercy through the years. Countless times in life I've received mercy from those who love me instead of what I really deserved. The greatest gift of mercy, however, comes from the Hands of a Loving Father.  James 2:13 says, "For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment." When I consider myself and all that is ugly within, mercy isn’t what I expect but rather due judgment and justice!  Christ set The Standard in the Way of Mercy.  God chose mercy for my soul and poured it out lavishly in the perfect Form of Jesus Christ, Blessed Redeemer.  It becomes my joy to likewise be a channel of His mercy to others. This is how mercy stays alive and broadcasts itself: we extend mercy over and over again, given in place of judgment and justice. Is Mercy alive? Oh, yes ... Mercy is indeed alive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home