Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My God

Most folks around these parts are more familiar with “backwoods” than “wilderness.”  I took a trip into Israel’s Judean wilderness, and it was quite an experience.  Of course, I knew it would be when us four women packed ourselves into the back of a Land Rover!

Hear the psalmist’s proclamation, "O God, thou art my God ..." (Psalm 63:1)  I am reminded of the Judean wilderness and the incredible "stillness" there.  Nathan, our guide, stood silently for a few minutes and it was quietness like I’ve never known.  Perhaps it was such a place where David penned these words.  As I stood there, surrounded by endless hills and valleys, I thought about how cluttered life becomes; so busy we miss the glory and magnificence of God.  How can we forget Who He is and how wonderful His thoughts are toward His children!  The sounds and effects of our cluttered lives, however, don’t change His love for us.  We are never out of reach of the Love of Elohim (Almighty God, Creator).  “… neither death, nor life, nor angels, no principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the Love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)  The backwoods and the wilderness can both be harsh, but there exists no harshness in our lives apart from His tenderness.  We must acknowledge Him for Who He is, and declare now and evermore ... "O God, thou art my God."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home