Thursday, February 9, 2012

Unfailing Love

Things fail!  Light bulbs, car batteries, computers, are among quite a list of failing things.  My height fails me at times; those tip-top kitchen cabinets are SO out of my reach.  Fortunately for me, I have tall guys here and they are always happy to oblige, as well as point out how short I am!

Love as described in 1 Corinthians: 13:8 never fails!  Better translated from the Greek: love never at all is insufficient. We use the word "love" too loosely these days: we love pizza , summer vacations, and snow yet we become tired of them. Have you ever known anyone to have too much or grow tired of love?  Love is part of God’s unchanging and unfailing character. His love is not designed for man's temporal appetites or whimsical moods instead It is what our hearts require continuously. Because God never changes, neither does His love.  When we possess His kind of love, our hearts are given over to that same unchanging and infinite love for one another.  It never fails.  It's ... The Way of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home