Monday, February 6, 2012

ROCK of Rocks

It’s been 12 years since my visit to the Holy Land!  It was an incredible and life-changing trip; I came home with many memories and mental images of childhood stories from The Bible.  I also brought home quite a few rocks.  My rock collection was soon a topic of tour-group conversation.  My luggage weighed more on the return trip, too!

Isaiah 36:4 says, “Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD God is an everlasting rock.”  One of my greatest surprises in Israel was how rocky the terrain is.  On any given hillside, countless numbers of rocks were scattered about!  How amazing our God is!  Throughout His Word, we read about rocks and He even reveals Himself as Yahweh Tsuri – The Lord My Rock.  One thing we know about rocks is how [relatively] unchanging they are.  Several years ago, when I couldn’t get anything to grow in my flowerbed, I made a rock-garden.  What a marvelous idea! Spring, summer, fall, and winter, I had the perfect stand of rocks – unchanged by time and elements.  Isaiah knew this great and eternal truth: God is the Everlasting Rock … the ROCK of all rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home