Monday, October 1, 2012

Heart Springs

At one time, there was a trampoline in our backyard, and as trampolines go – it was multi-functional.  It was, of course, a springboard to the sky for little boys, as well as an outdoor wrestling arena and an above-ground table for afternoon picnics.  Best yet, when turned on its side, it was great baseball pitch-back!

Did you know the heart is a springboard?  Jeremiah 17:9 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"  Oh, how I shutter and shake when I hear someone say, "just follow your heart."  If I follow my heart, I don't want to get out of bed in the morning!  God says in V.10, "I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins ..."  Oh, mercy me; and mercy is just what I need as God searches my heart!  The truth is, my heart is a springboard to whatever I feed it.  Spiritually speaking, we are what you see, what we read, and what we listen to.  Junk in – junk out!  I don't know about you, but I want the right stuff to come out when life squeezes me.  I want what "springs" from my heart to be pure and holy.  Let’s consider what we’re feeding our hearts! 

Oh, be careful little eyes what you see. Oh, be careful little eyes what you see.
There's a Father up above, and He's looking down in love.
Oh, be careful little eyes what you see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home