Thursday, September 27, 2012

Who's In The Camp!

Camping has never been part of my life.  I have friends, however, who share fond memories of multi-family camping trips.  Mr. Bill just purchased his second pop-up tent for hunting purposes.  He’s casually mentioned I should go with him … understanding, of course, I do not hunt, nor do I care to rise before daylight, nor do I care to crawl into a tent [that’s been out in the elements inviting bugs-spiders-critters to make themselves at home], nor do I find the hard-cold ground appealing, nor am I inspired with the patience of an avid hunter.  Quite simply, no thank you.

Visualize this: “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.” (Psalm 34:7).  Now, this is a campsite that appeals to me.  Note, however, the conditions of such an encampment: “those who fear him.”  Clearly, these heavenly campers deliver only those who are obedient to and in a right relationship with The Father.  The righteous have no idea the countless ongoing battles won each day on their behalf by God’s heavenly troops.  Lest we forget, “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12).  The foolishly feeble spirit of man knows defeat-after-defeat yet with God we confidently declare, “not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts.” (Zechariah 4:6).  Aren’t we glad the battle is His and not ours!  Not all of us may be campers but we all must routinely consider our relationship with The Father and seriously ask … who’s in the camp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home