Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Can't Turn It Off!

After twenty-four years, Mr. Bill replaced one of the outside water faucets. For several years when we turned it on, the whole house shook. I have no idea why nor did I care as long as it worked, but one day the shaking started and didn't stop -- neither would the water! It splished and splashed, causing lots of hoppin' and hoopin' and hollerin'. Mr. Bill calmly went to the water-turnin'-off-place and stopped all flowing water. Geez, the whole incident made me have to go lie down!

I'm convinced mortal man cannot fully comprehend the pleasure our praise brings to God. When we praise Him, we have acknowledged and are expressing the truly wonderful things about Him. And, just a few reasons He's worthy of our praise --

  • He is my strength and my salvation (Exodus 15:2)
  • He has truly great and wonderful things (Deuteronomy 10:21)
  • He is righteous (Psalm 7:17)
  • He has done marvelous works (Psalm 9:1)
  • He is my strength and my shield, He is trustworthy (Psalm 28:7)
  • He is my hope (Psalm 42:11)
  • He is my exceeding joy (Psalm 43:4)
  • He is good (Psalm 52:9)
  • He is my deliverer (Psalm 54:6)
  • He is full of lovingkindness (Psalm 63:3)
  • He is honorable (Psalm 66:2)
  • He keeps my soul (Psalm 66:8)
Just like the song from Oz ... "because, because, because, because, because ... because of the wonderful things He does!" Imagine our hearts so filled with love for Holy God, our praise was like that outside faucet gushing, overflowing, and puddlin' up all around. What would that kind of praise do for The Father! For us! Picture praise so endless, so relentless, so full-to-overflowing, so spilled out ... we just can't turn it off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home