Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Not Myself

Do you suffer from out-of-character behavior?  Although I can usually predict Mr. Bill’s responses, behavior, choices, etc., he says I remain a mystery to him.  I find that hard to believe, but I sorta like the mystique – it gives me a much-needed edge!

If you’re not yourself, who are you?  Yeah, I know, what a quirky question!  We all have days when we just feel out-of-sorts … you know, not ourselves.  Truthfully, it would be an improvement if I would have more “not myself” days and more days Christ-like!  I seem to be most in-character when I’m consumed with MY way, MY stuff, MY good, MY happiness, … ME-MY-ME-MY!  Imprisoned and waiting execution, Paul writes affectionately and with concern to Christians at Philippi, “As it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.” (Philippians 1:20).  Paul is ready, even eager, for Christ to be honored both in his life and death.  Selflessness well describes Paul’s attitude and uplook to His Redeemer and King.  What a call to being out-of-character, not myself!  How willing are we to saying “no” to selfish behavior and choices and “yes” to being poured-out for Christ?  On that fateful day eleven years ago, we all witnessed courageous and unselfish acts of men and women who chose honor in the faces of life and death.  These 9-11 heroes didn’t think twice; total abandon took over as they raced to help strangers in trouble!  This is the kind of out-of-character God calls us to!  It’s the otherwise mystery of Christ’s call to Christians.  Some call it “kingdom-living;” call it what-you-will but it’s power harnessed by the Holy Spirit working within and bringing joy to His Redeemed!  Honor Christ in your life today -- live out-of-character -- don’t be yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home