Monday, January 14, 2013

Masterpiece

Several years ago I developed a love for handmade pottery. My collection is small, but a treasure. I also have a few original pieces of art, one of which I received only a few weeks ago. It sits proudly in my guest bedroom overlooking the artist’s basket of toys!

Did you know every living soul is a work of art? It’s true although this culture would have us believe otherwise. God inspired the Apostle Paul to write in Ephesians 2:10, “For we are His workmanship ...” God’s [own] work -- that which is made, the handiwork of the Creator. Have you ever created anything uniquely yours: a drawing, a bookshelf, a flower garden? I recently tiled a wall in my kitchen; it was my first attempt at tiling anything so it may be a stretch to call it a piece of art but sometimes I look at it and think, “Wow, Beverly! That is just so cool!” Each one of us is God’s special work! I can hear Dad now, “you are created on purpose and with a purpose.” Paul continues, “…created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” We’re not an oops, not an afterthought of Almighty God! We have indescribable value to The Artist, and are amazingly designed to “walk in the light, as He is in the light” (1 John 1:5). Ella’s first finger painting IS a masterpiece, to be long treasured among treasures. Do you know The Artist of your soul? I pray you do because He knows you well, and loves you so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home