Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Glamorous Thing

Have you ever had one of those "Glamour Shots?" Someone talked me into doing that one time ... and that was enough! I showed up at my scheduled time, and the "make over" began. The makeup woman slowly undid everything I had so carefully done: she took off my makeup, brushed and teased my hair, painted my face, then put feathers on me. I felt like ... well, probably the same thing I looked like. Then, I was to sit and smile like I felt like a million bucks. Well, I didn't feel like a million bucks!

Have you ever felt like your heart needed a good make over? I truly believe that a Mother's heart is something special, and Mothers' hearts ache more intensely than most when it comes to their children. The heart is the essence of who we are, and God in all His wisdom knows what our hearts need first and foremost. There’s certainly nothing glamorous about a heart that is soiled and scarred so badly that it cannot host the best things of God. The Psalmist wrote, "LORD, you have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear." (Psalm 10:17). The human heart is ever in need of the cobwebs out and the goo gone so we can best serve God and turn Satan away. When God rules the Christian’s heart, makes-it-over ... it’s truly a glamorous thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home