Monday, January 13, 2014

He's For Me!

“Who are you pullin’ for?”  It’s a common question -- in other words, what team do you want to win.  Only recently, on the refrigerator was an infamous list of college football “bowl picks” among family members.  And who won?  I won’t mention HER name but I assure you SHE knows who she is!

 

Who is on the Lord's side?  Moses put this question to a grumbling and complaining Hebrew crowd in Exodus 32:26, and it's a question we should ask ourselves daily.  We are evermore faced with countless choices and decisions; how and what we choose reflects our alignment with [or against] God.  There's no side-stepping the matter; at day’s end, clearly, we have chosen one side or the other.  The psalmist’s writing gives us amazing hope and encouragement:  " . . . this I know; ... God is for me."  (Psalm 56:9 ).  Woohoo!  God will never act against what is best for me!  Why?  Because He's my greatest fan, my most avid supporter, always in my corner, and loves me most.  Everything of His -- all His power, grace, wisdom, strength, guidance, blessings, love and mercy are mine because . . . HE IS FOR ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home