Tuesday, January 14, 2014

His Mighty Hand

None of my boys was ever keen on holding my hand to cross a street.  Perhaps it's because where we live there aren't any streets, just roads -- you look both ways then run to the other side.  Having to hold Mama's hand on the few trips to the city seemed silly I guess.

 

We cannot lose God because He will lose us!  It doesn't matter where we are or in what circumstance we find ourselves, He’s  always there along with His Mighty Hand.  David wrote these words about the presence and power of God: "If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall Thy Hand lead me and Thy Right Hand shall hold me." (Psalm 139:9-10).  I can name countless times of personal anguish when my heart looked up.  How fitting, since that's the best direction to look!  Our Father is always reaching down His mighty Hand to lift us up, pull us close, and make us to feel His powerful Presence. Trust me, there’s nothing unnecessary or silly about it – be thankful always for God's Mighty Hand!

 

I cannot lose Thee! Still in Thee abiding.

The end is clear, how wide soe'er I roam;

The Hand that holds the worlds my steps is guiding,

And I must rest at last in Thee, my home." -- E Scudder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home