Thursday, April 10, 2014

No Slippers

Everyone has a favorite pair of slippers – could be flip flops, slides, athletics, sandals – but they have been worn so long they fit your feet like a glove.  Of course, I know some folks who just love to slip out of whatever they’re wearing and enjoy bare feet!

 

It’s been said, "We spend our lives dreaming of the future, not realizing that a little of it slips away every day."  How often do you lay your head on your pillow at night with racing thoughts: I meant to call … I meant to visit … I meant to send a card … I meant to study … I meant to hug … I meant-meant-meant.  These are the “slippers” we are not fond of!  The day slipped past, moments eternally lost, never to be regained.  Only with spiritual eyes do we comprehend what is real and important in life.  Dishes, carpet, laundry, television, books, etc. do not have feelings -- they do not cry, they don’t feel loneliness or pain or sorrow.  People -- my spouse, children, parents, neighbors, friends, co-workers, strangers -- have emotional, physical, and spiritual needs.  I am the Hands-Feet-Voice of God to others.  It is my responsibility and divine calling to reach out to, to connect with others.  Oh that I see the opportunities God sends to me to touch a heart, warm a soul, reach deeply into the life of another person.  No slippers today -- make it a day of great giveaways!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home