Thursday, May 8, 2014

Perfectly Aligned

Misalignment doesn't even sound good.  I've watched Mr. Bill use his magic bubble tool (a leveler, I believe it's called) to make sure a board is level.  Eyeballing it, I would have "guessed" it was level but I would have been wrong.  His response, "that's why they pay me the big bucks."

 

God may or may not chuckle but if He does, I'm sure what we think certainly causes Him to do so!  To be opinionated is one thing, to be opinionated and loud another, but to be opinionated and loud and wrong – that’s just terrible!  Several years ago, Mr. Bill and I learned to be very cautious when someone begins a sentence with the words, "I think."  Really, what "I" think is silly and shallow in light of what Almighty God has declared in His forever-settled Word.  We do well to consider if what we believe and say, thus our opinions are aligned with God’s Word.  “With my lips I declare all the rules of Your mouth.” (Psalm 119:13).  When our opinions (what we think) don't line up with God's Word, guess Who trumps who?  The voices of this culture will continue to be opinionated and loud, offering an enticing buffet of positions on every moral and social issue.  Perhaps there's never been a grander time to bear genuine testimony to the Truth of God's Word: God said it – That settles it!  Truth is, the world doesn't need anymore opinions unless those opinions are one with The Word -- perfectly aligned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home