Wednesday, July 16, 2014

His Strength

We lost a loved one recently, and I still grieve as I see that 75 foot oak tree lying on the ground.  My potted plants and car are missing their shady friend as well.   The guy who orchestrated its precise resting place, mere feet from my back porch, was quite pleased with himself!

 

Psalm 91:1 says, "He who dwells in the Shelter of the Most High will rest in the Shadow of the Almighty."  This passage speaks to the awesome power of the mere shadow of God.  His Shadow offers all we need when our hearts are heavy, when our spirits are low, and when our strength is waning. Can you imagine the vastness of a God Who's very shadow offers more than all the world's resources put together?  Can you comprehend the lengths He will go for His children?  Here's His promise from Verse 15 of the same chapter: "He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him." When tears come and the spirit is vulnerable and weak, He is strongest.  CeCe Winans sings "His strength is perfect when our strength is gone.  He'll carry us when we can't carry on.  Raised in His power, the weak become strong.  His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect."  Oh, how I need His perfect strength.  Oh, how He longs for me to call on Him and to claim His strength! So, what am I waiting on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home