Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hasten & Obey

The Procrastinator – yes, I’ve been call that and fairly regularly by Mr. Bill.  A governing motto has often been: why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.  Now, a seasoned procrastinator, I explain to him "I work best on deadlines."  He ain’t buying it!

 

God doesn’t nurture procrastination!  I hesitate to admit but I am indeed better organized when I work from a to-do list.  Every Christian should pray these priority words each day, making it a priority: "I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." (Psalm 119:60).  Will this fix the urge to procrastinate?  No, but we'll feel the nudge from The One Who empowers us to "hasten and obey."

 

We are often greatly bothered by two fussy little men,

Who sometimes block our pathway -- their names are How and When.

If we have a task or duty which we can put off a while,

And we do not go and do it, you should see those two rogues smile!

But there is a way to beat them, and I will tell you how:

If you have a task or duty -- do it well, and do it now.

(Author Unknown)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home