Monday, November 17, 2014

The Keys

It just doesn't pay to get in a hurry! One day [many years ago] I rushed myself & the boys out the door and about two steps later, I got a sick feeling I had done something terribly wrong.   Boy, had I ever!  My pocketbook was in the house, along with my house key.  Of course, this was the one time that every door to the house was stuck securely and locked.  Go figure!

 

Years ago, I stood at Caesarea Philippi in Northern Israel and – a place my heart and mind return to often.  But, how I would love to have stood with Peter hundreds of years ago when he unashamedly confessed to Jesus, "You are the Christ, Son of the Living God." (Matthew 16:16)  Read Jesus' response to Peter: "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever

thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." (V.19)  Most of us carry keys we can't even identify, but to be given a key to victorious living -- well, I doubt we'd have trouble identifying that one.  Why, then, do we lose hope?  How do we explain drifting aimlessly through the day, seemingly out of sorts and frazzled beyond understanding?  Consider then why life overwhelms us to the point of despair.  Truth is, Believers are never  "locked out" of victorious living.  Jesus Christ paid the price to give us eternal freedom through faith and the power of the Holy Spirit.  He is The Key never to be misplaced!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home