Monday, October 27, 2014

Shielded Heart

About two weeks before Mr. Bill and I married, he told me he had two hearts and I was gullible enough to believe him. I wish I could say that was the last time I believed one of his stories, but too many people know it was many years and many stories later. I guess I'm slow learner!

 

God is The Heart Defender. When my heart hurts most even to the point of numbness, I know He will fix it. The pain of hurt could rather be avoided if I would just let Him protect it in the first place. Psalm 28:7 says, "The Lord is my Strength, and my Shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped ... " The image of His Shield taking the punches for my heart is very refreshing. Since Satan seems to know right where to throw the punches, I can count on his aim being right on target, BUT that's exactly where God shields me. The rest of that verse is, " ... therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise Him."  Uh-oh, I feel a song comin' on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home