Sunday, October 26, 2014

How About That!

Clogged drains are bothersome!  When forced to deal with the matter myself, a kitchen knife is often my tool-of-choice.  Usually the culprit is hair that has [shall we say] turned loose.  Now, thinning hair is a common thing but I’m not sure I'll ever look at another drain and not feel a sense of personal loss!

Come to think of it, God uses the hairs of our heads in several passages: "My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of my head ... " (Psalm 40:12).  "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black." (Matthew 5:36).  "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." (Matthew 10:30).  Two of my boys kept their hair buzzed – no combing necessary, and Dustin never bothered to comb his, but to the rest of us -- good hair days are important.  So it seems with The Heavenly Father.  Matthew 10:31 sums up why God troubles over something as otherwise insignificant as human hair, "Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."  In Bible times, the sparrow was of very little value, and were often used as offerings by the very poor.  God used this to show us in His Word just what a treasure we are to Him. Not one of those hairs in my drain turned loose without His knowledge. Does this not make you feel safe and secure, loved and cared for?  He numbers each hair on our heads. Now, how about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home