Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Personal Emmanuel

One thing I know -- most women do not like to change hair stylists.  In the last 40 years, I've had three and each change was traumatic.  My stylist knows my hair's texture, my preferred length and style, my particular likes and dislikes.  Truth is, a good hair stylist is a beautician, magician, and friend!

Is your God personal?  When I call for a hair appoint, my stylist knows exactly how long the it will take to do her “magic.”  Now, that’s personal!  Charles Spurgeon wrote, "Certain of our sins find chariots of iron in our constitution, our former habits, our associations, and our occupations ... They are very strong, and in reference to them we are very weak."  No one [I know] likes to be chained to choices and behavior that lead to destruction.  Spurgeon reminds us, however, even one sin takes away freedom!  Isaiah declared good news: only God frees those captive to sin (Isaiah 61:1).  Just to be clear, the Spirit of Christmas isn't a Charles Dickens’ character -- The Spirit of Christmas came to earth as a Babe yet King with absolute Power to slay our chariots of iron that threaten spiritual freedom.  "Now the Lord is The Spirit, and where The Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Corinthians 3:17).  I’m grateful my hair stylist knows me so well but I’m even more thankful The Christmas Child is "God with Us" – my personal Emmanuel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home