Monday, April 27, 2015

Tangle Free

Have you ever been hung on a barbed wire fence?  Let me tell you how absolutely NOT-FUN that is!  File this away just in case it ever happens to you -- don't get in a hurry.  The more you struggle, the more tangled you become.  I watched my Nanny try to untangle from barbed wire once ... while laughing, and I didn't think she would ever get loose!

 

Did you know pure words do not necessarily indicate a pure heart.  I can recall many times my lips did not portray a pure heart, and God knew it! Late night entertainers are famous for their off-color humor aimed particularly at a late-night adult audience.  One such entertainer authored a children's book; this seems very odd to me.  David wrote in one of his psalms, " . . . with flattering lips and a double heart they speak." (12:2)  The Hebrew word for heart refers to the "center" of one's being. Describing something having "two centers" seems to be somewhat of an oxymoron -- and, at the very least ... confusing!  Isn't it shameful how we tear down and build up with the same lips, and sometimes in the same breath! It should not be so.  Lest we become entangled in our sinfully loose lips, our morning prayer each day should be, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord." (Psalm 19:14) By God’s grace, there is hope to live ... tangle-free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home