Sunday, May 31, 2015

Secret Secrets

Keeping secrets is tough for some people. Sometimes my boys would deliver gifts to my "secret pal" at church. Now, I told them not to tell who the gift was

from, but I never really knew just how "secret" my secret was!

 

There are no secrets kept from God. Psalm 19:12 says, "Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from my secret faults." I like how another translation says we cannot see our own mistakes. The term "spring cleaning" finds one origin in an ancient Jewish practice of thoroughly cleansing the home in preparation for the Passover, the observance honoring God's delivery of Israel from Egyptian captivity. The night before the holiday, each household participates in the "chametz," searching by candlelight for even the smallest crumbs to complete the cleansing ritual. It is those "crumbs" [of sin] in our lives that often cause the most grief, and is the real culprit to broken fellowship with The Father. Yes, I suppose we all harbor secret secrets. It's way past spring but not past time for spiritual spring cleaning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home