Monday, August 17, 2015

Called By Name

One thing I’ve learned through my years of writing is how everyone loves to read their name in print.  Whether in a newspaper article, a program or on a certificate, there’s just something joyous about reading your name.  I must add, however, woe be unto “somebody” if it’s misspelled!

 

Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd, knows His children intimately andhe calleth his own sheep by name” (John 10:3).  Mr. Bill, for almost 35 years, has called me “Mama” – not Beverly, but … Mama.  When he actually calls me “Beverly,” ding-ding-ding – it gets my attention!  Mary wept at the tomb of Jesus – why?  He was her friend, and she grieved His death.  Outside the tomb when Jesus called her by name, “Mary!”, her spirit identified with her Savior.  Note her response to him: “Rabboni; which is to say, Master.” (John 20:16).  When Jesus calls Believers by name, there’s more than name-recognition, there’s personal identification.  His Voice calls to an intimate part of who we are, a oneness known only to His own.  Has God called your name recently?  Listen carefully …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home