Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Resemblance

Our grandson, Caleb, turned 3 last week and I’m pretty sure he celebrated all week.  I say that’s a good habit to develop, that is, extending one's birthday celebration to more than just one day.  Actually, I usually celebrate for an entire month cause of all things I love in this life – I love my birthday!

 

Have you ever thought about your spiritual resemblance?  Our oldest son, Danny - Caleb’s father, commented how much Caleb looks like him as a little boy.  Yes, he does, and I’ve often thought and commented the same thing.  And why shouldn’t he!  And why shouldn’t Christians resemble Christ?  Paul wrote to the Galatians, “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ Who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20).  Let’s be honest, our default nature isn’t so pretty; we're given to being unkind, selfish, arrogant, judgmental, etc.  The nature of Christ – alive in the Believer – puts to death the unseemly sin nature giving us a resemblance and fragrance of the Savior.  Don’t you enjoy the company of Saints such as this!  Imagine how much more pleasant grocery store lines would be, or fans at ball games, or shopping malls.  Why, even the faces and testimonies of our Churches would be different!  It’s going to be fun watching Caleb grow and his features change with time; we hope his sweet nature stays the same.  Let us pray the Nature of Christ is alive and well in each of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home