Tuesday, January 24, 2017

God's Mighty Hand

None of my boys cared much for holding my hand to cross a street when we went into town.  Perhaps it's because where we live there aren't any streets – only country roads – and you can take your sweet time crossing there.

 

Isn’t it wonderful we cannot lose God!  Isn’t it even sweeter He can ‘t lose us!  It doesn't matter where we are or in what circumstance we find ourselves, He’s always there along with His mighty protective hand.  David wrote these words about the everlasting presence and power of God: "If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall Thy hand lead me and Thy right hand shall hold me." (Psalm 139:9-10).  I can think of times of personal distress and in those times, my heart was soothed by God’s mighty hand.  The Father takes joy in reaching down His mighty hand and lifting His children up, pulling and holding us close – making us to know His powerful Presence. I'm so grateful for God's Mighty Hand, aren’t you?

 

I cannot lose Thee! Still in Thee abiding.

The end is clear, how wide soe'er I roam;

The Hand that holds the worlds my steps is guiding,

And I must rest at last in Thee, my home." -- E Scudder

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home