Sunday, March 26, 2017

Give What You Have

When it came to scouting, Mr. Bill was always a real trooper. Although the boys were certain he was too old for it, Bill made those ten and twenty-mile hikes with the rest of the Troop. He tells of a few times when he carried the backpacks of scouts who were certain they would not survive those last few miles. I guess one just never gets too old to be a scout!

 

Galatians 6:2 says we are to be "troopers" for Christ, and there's no mention of outgrowing it either.  "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." There are times when I feel I cannot bear my own burdens yet those are the times when it benefits Christ that I lighten the load of another. George S. Merriam said this, "There may be times when you cannot find help, but there is no time when you cannot give help." In short, what I cannot find, I can always give. Without further delay, we should stop looking for what we need and give what we have. It's the fulfillment of Christ in us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home