Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Anticipate Him

Anticipate and plan as you will, but sometimes it’s just impossible to know what you’ll do in any given situation.  I wonder what John imagined he would do when the heavens were opened to him: “When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead …” (Revelation 1:17a). .  Isaiah’s vision of the LORD caused him to cry out, “Woe is me!” (Isaiah 6:5).   In light of these Biblical experiences, I’m skeptical of modern-day stories of glimpses into heaven.  No doubt, our eternal home will one of great beauty – far beyond what we can imagine.  The main and sweetest Attraction, however, will be Christ Himself Who laid aside of the anticipated wonders to take on the form of a servant, obediently doing the will of The Father to redeem sinners.  Christ will be the Beauty of heaven, and I strongly suggest “no” we do not know exactly what we will do!  Here’s what I know: “Oh, I want to see Him – Look upon His face – There to sing forever of His saving Grace – On the streets of glory, let me lift my voice – Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice” (Lyrics by Rufus H. Cornelius, 1916).  Anticipate Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home