Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Heart Hum

Do you remember seeing a Hummer for the first time?  My baby sister drove a bright red one for years. I distinctly remember watching her park that thing ‘bout anywhere she pleased, in whatever way she pleased: she said, “nobody’s gonna hit this thing unless they want to tear up their car!”  What do you do when you lose your Joy?  Often it slips away and we’re not sure how or why – we just know it’s missing.  People without Christ will not know about this, but Believers do! We should know when Joy has escaped and know well the dark moments for the soul that follow. David asked God to “restore to me the  Joy of Your Salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit” (Psalm 51:12).  Oh, how I love this next part of the prayer: “O Lord, open my lips, that my mouth may declare Your praise.” (V. 15).  A man with a plan!  In my life, Joy usually shows Itself in a particular and unconscious way: I find myself … humming.  It’s that song in the heart that finds its way to my lips.  I’ve concluded, therefore, if my heart is a’hummin’ most likely my lips will be involved.  Ask yourself: do I have a heart hum?  If not, get one!  Then, be a’hummin’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home