Sunday, September 17, 2017

No Fear - No Dread

Fear and dread – dread and fear: such is the drum-beat of so many lives.  The daily news screams of calamities that threaten all peace – calm of physical and soul safety.  This is nothing new, and neither is true Comfort: “The LORD is my Light and my Salvation – whom shall I fear or dread? The LORD is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1, AMP).  David’s rhetorical questions speak of a Sure Confidence and Comfort found only in One.  Furthermore, “You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My Presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face [Your Presence], Lord, will I seek inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word.].” (V.8, AMP).  A few months ago, I heard a world-renown expert on nuclear disaster and terrorism speak; when asked what practical steps Christians could do to prepare for potential dangers, his answer was surprising: “Read, meditate and memorize Scripture.”  An unexpected answer but what wisdom!  Unbridled fear and dread typically cause us to seek answers and help in people and things other than the One True God.  Edward Mote’s strong and confident words resonate in Believers’ hearts: “His oath, His covenant and blood – Support me in the whelming flood – When all around my soul gives way – He then is all my Hope and Stay.”  In Christ alone – the Solid Rock – no fear, no dread.  Amen … so be it, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home