Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Who and Whose

Even if I tried, I could not change my DNA – I am who I am; nor could I change my ancestry – I am the daughter of my father and mother, I am the sister of my sisters.  The same is true of those who are born again – and those who are not.  Those who have accepted God’s Gift of Jesus have been given a new nature and a new heart; they [now] have a new Father. In contrast, those who remain without Christ continue in the same [sinful] nature and have a different father.  Proverbs 21:2 says, “Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.”  God sees each person not as we appear but as we are.  He knows me by heart; He sees the real me.  Who I am is known to the One Who created me both physically and spiritually.  Furthermore, I’m a delightful possession to Him: “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may proclaim the Excellencies of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” (1 Peter 2:9).  Wow and wow!  I am deeply grateful for my ancestry; more so, however, I am eternally grateful  for who and whose I am.  Because of Christ, it's not how I see myself but how The Father knows me!  I am His and He is mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home