Thursday, March 15, 2018

Time With God

Unlike those who don't function well without their first cup of morning caffeine, my decaf and flavored coffee is strictly for pleasure.  The psalmist wrote, "O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day ... How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" (119:97, 103).  Those are not the words of one who approaches God's Word with duty or dread!  It is also clear he absolutely understands how critical God's Word is to righteous living: "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." (V.107).  Do you find yourself hungry for God and His Word?  Christians should be anxious for God's Presence and to read-study-memorize and meditate on His words.  It's the only book where the Author is always present!  Do you take pleasure - delight in - time spent with God and in His Holy Word?  I hope so because He takes great pleasure in time with you!​

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home