Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Watch Yourself

It's become quite the common to be entertained by video clips of everything from animals to people or a combination of both. My personal favorites are those of any one of my five Grands!  Psalm 119:9 says, "How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping watch [on himself] according to Your word [conforming his life to Your precepts]."  The issue of personal purity is a real struggle among Believers.  I'm referring to more than physical purity: I propose mental and emotional impurity strike at us all.  Now, here's the question: how does one actually watch himself?  The psalmist answers this question: "according to Your word." Scripture is the lens through which we watch ourselves.  We read a few verses later, "Your word I have treasured and stored in my heart, that I may not sin against You." (V.11).  Are you struggling to think on "whatever is pure and wholesome" (Philippians 4:8)?  Make sure you have a regular intake of God's word, then watch Him at work in you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home