Tuesday, March 20, 2018

God of Mercy

My usual breakfast is scrambled eggs and juice, but this morning I added grits to the menu.  Imagine my surprise - and disgust - when I found a stink-bug swimming in the water!  Instantly, I thought of how a new-mercies-day ("They are new every morning," Lamentations 3:23) is quickly ruined by sin!  We are clearly warned that Satan "prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8).  I'm so glad God is merciful and full of compassion; He knows our weakness and He promises forgiveness to those who confess (admit, agree with God) and repent of (turn away from) their sin.  Is there stink in your life?  You'll never be that fragrant aroma of Christ until you humble yourself before Almighty God.  Do not ignore your sin; remember, He's a God of Mercy!​

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home