Thursday, April 12, 2018

I'm Listening

Interruptions are often seen as aggravations!  What about when God interrupts our otherwise well-planned life?  It should not be any surprise to us, but God isn't subject to our well-planned life: our well-planned life is subject to Him!  This truth I learned many years ago when I was juggling a job, school and baseball schedules, meal-planning and church responsibilities.  Having my time down to a science, one afternoon the phone rang unexpectedly and it was someone who needed a listening ear; you may have guessed - my schedule didn't allow for such an interruption!  Of course, I hurriedly listened but later God used that situation to teach me something extremely valuable: interruptions may be divinely appointed opportunities to be still and know God is God and the sovereign of my life - not me!  Young Samuel was sleeping when God chose to speak to him, and Samuel's answer was, "Speak, Lord, your servant is listening" (1 Samuel 3:10).  Have you planned listening for God's voice right out of your days?  If you have, you'll probably miss Him speaking.  Be alert. Be open. Listen. Respond as Samuel did: Speak, Lord, I'm listening. ​

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home