Sunday, April 8, 2018

Protest!

The closest I ever came to being part of a protest
​[I suppose] ​
was when I walked out of class when I was falsely accused of something; my intent was to take the matter up with the principal.  As Christians, how diligently do we
live in
protest
​of ​
conformity?  Swimming upstream
​isn't usually appealing: go-with-the-flow-don't-rock-the-boat sounds better. This should never, however, describe those follow Jesus Christ!  The writer of Hebrews challenges us: "Therefore let us go to Him outside the camp and bear the reproach He endured." (13:13)  Outside the camp - sounds scary and lonely! Believers aren't called to a conformed life but rather a transformed life: "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:2)  What are you willing to put aside for transformation: friends, books, music, movies, career, habits, church?  Actually, there's nothing so sacred, so "off-limits," if it leads to conformity.  We are to be separated from the world by God's precepts based on His eternal Truth.  Spurgeon wrote, "The crown of glory will follow the cross of separation." Well, I didn't quite make it to the principal's office before the teacher caught up to me, and admitted he may have been hasty in his conclusion; he kindly asked me to return to the classroom, which I graciously did.  I certainly don't advise we act like that foolish teenager, but [as Christians] we need to be willing to step "outside the camp" whatever the outcome. For the sake of Christ's Honor, we really can effectively live IN this world but not be OF this world.  I challenge and encourage you for the good of Christ … live in protest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home