Thursday, May 30, 2019

Living Gratefully

When spent at your favorite place with your favorite people, vacations are greatly anticipated!   But what about the non-vacation days – those routine, humdrum days of life?  King Solomon wrote, “Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him; for it is his portion … For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.” (Ecclesiastes 5:18, 20). The challenge here is to live gratefully all the days of life. While we may describe the day-to-day as routine or humdrum, in truth, each day is a Gift from God, and should be lived-out with anticipation and thanksgiving.  Yes, I know it’s hard to compare vacation-days with non-vacation-days, but it’s easy when we hear the Giver-of-Days’ voice and know His Joy in our hearts!  I’m headed to my “favorite place” with some of my “favorite people,” and yes there is much “anticipation.”  I have one week to ponder the wise king’s words, and return to non-vacation life with an [in Pastor Tony’s words] “attitude of gratitude.”  Until Monday 06-10, I challenge you to practice living gratefully the Gift of each day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home