Thursday, July 25, 2019

Consider Jesus

An approximate 155 mile strip of land exists between North and South Korea, declared the Demilitarized Zone – a buffer or barrier between the two countries.  Both countries agree no military installations or activities will take place within the specified area of the DMZ. Believers often forget or ignore the fact that we are in a war – a spiritual battle – for righteousness.  “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12).  The Apostle Paul aptly describes the inner battle between the Believer’s new and old natures: “What I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.” (Romans 7:15). Such is the war between our flesh and our spirit!  “Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free?” (V.24). Is there really a spiritual demilitarized zone for the spiritual man?  “Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (V.25). Because of God’s forgiveness through Christ Jesus’ sacrifice for sin and The Holy Spirit living within Believers, yes! we can live in freedom, winning the war over sin.  The DMZ [I read] is not open to the general public; neither is spiritual freedom – it comes only to those who have surrendered completely to God’s Salvation through Jesus - The Savior of men. Perhaps you are in a losing battle and long for rest and peace from the struggle.  Consider – look to – Jesus Who offers Life in a battle-free zone – He has won the War over sin and death!  Yes, consider Jesus today!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home