Tuesday, July 23, 2019

It's About Time

A few days ago as I was refilling my hummingbird feeder, a hummingbird hovered right next to me until I finished!  I’m sure if I could have read its mind, it was saying, “well, it’s about time!”  Through Paul, God tells us, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 2:5).  Furthermore, we know we are to be daily “transformed by the renewal” of our minds to know what the good and perfect and acceptable will of God (Romans 12:2). To have a transformed and Christ-like mind should be the goal of every Follower of Christ.  How is it possible to be this close and personal to Christ? I can assure you it is not quite as easy as re-filling a hummingbird feeder!  God said come near to Me and I will come near to you (James 4:8). The disciplines of Bible study, meditation, prayer, worship and fellowship with other Believers are crucial and necessary to cultivating and sustaining a deep and abiding relationship with The Father.  It’s sweet to sit on the porch and watch as hummingbirds drink from the feeder, but nothing compares with the sweetness of being up close and personal with God through His Son and The Holy Spirit. If you’re not experiencing an up close and personal relationship with Him, wouldn’t you agree … it’s about time.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home