Tuesday, July 9, 2019

The Real Better Life

Yay! for better – living, eating, feeling, looking, acting, being … better.  Even though they had a history of failing, at the onset of their time in the Land of Promise, the Israelites declared: “Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods.” (Joshua 24:16, NASB). It was [once-again] a “do-better” moment.  How many times have we – as Believers, Followers of Jesus Christ – been there, done that?  Joshua cautioned the people, “You will not be able to serve the LORD, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgression or your sins … if you forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods.” (V.18-19).  Do you see yourself in this? I clearly see me!  It sounds good to declare and determine better days for the LORD, but so often it’s said with a I-can-do-this heart rather than I-can’t-do this. The better me is always when I admit my weakness, my inability to be-and-do better!  It is only when the me is surrendered to the Christ-in-me when I’m finally the better me.  Oswald Chambers asks this probing question: “Are you sufficiently right with God to expect Him to manifest His wonderful life in you?”  HIS wonderful life in me is the better life for me!  Do you want a better life?  Humbly declare what you are not and cannot then allow Christ to live wonderfully in and through you.  Experience the real better life!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home