Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Rescuer

First steps are exciting – I thought so as I watched my great-niece taking some of her first steps this week!  First steps are very important: they lead to more steps, more stable steps; and, eventually deliberate steps to destinations unknown.  Proverbs 16:9 says, “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” When we neglect to walk in the established steps of God for our lives, we usually find ourselves in the middle of a mess! In need of God’s rescuing grace!  The first-step in being rescued from mis-steps is always calling out to the Lord: “Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress.” (Psalm 107:28).  Interestingly, when in peril, we don’t yell, “I’m not drowning – leave me alone!” Oh, no; we cry out to The Rescuer: “He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him.” (Psalm 91:15). The drowning person humbly calls to The One Who rescues!  “The Lord your God is in your midst, a Mighty One Who will save.” (Zephaniah 3:17).  Perhaps you have mis-stepped. Perhaps dark waters are threatening?  Take that first step and call out to The Rescuer – The Mighty One Who saves. He stands ready to answer and rescue and deliver!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home