Monday, July 29, 2019

Your Newness

Before I retired, my job responsibilities governed what I did at work every day. In the same way, who we are as children of God and followers of Jesus Christ should rule who we are.  The regeneration (salvation) of a person changes everything. “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things have passed away. Behold, new things have come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17).  The newness isn’t a new no-do and to-do list; rather, the newness is who we are! Oh, yes, the newness will be evident in what we do and don’t do, but it is rooted in who we now are. I found great joy in doing what I was hired to do, completing my job responsibilities. As a result of the Believer’s newness in Christ Jesus, there’s a resulting overflow of good works (what we do).  Simply put, our newness cannot be hidden or contained – we do what we do because of who we are!  New is good in countless ways!  Show off your newness!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home