Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Be Real

Don't you remember the old Coke slogan: "It's the Real Thing"? If you really think about that, you hear the serious message -- accept no fakes, no imitations, no phonies.  Authenticity is beyond compare: real vanilla, real pearls, real fur, real diamonds, real macaroni and cheese! Anything other than real ... is not authentic and of less value. God wants us to be real!  Real honest, real sincere, real compassionate, real moral, real ... His.  Spending time daily in God’s Word – the Real Truth – is essential to being an authentic Christian.  So, let's ... be real!

 

Am I really real, Lord? Does it matter what I do?

Can those around me – Look and see the real You?

Do I walk in Jesus' footsteps? Do I follow where He leads?

Is my life lived as a sower? Do I plant my share of seeds?

Am I really real, Lord? Are you proud of me today?

Are my actions true and honest? Do I mean the things I say?

Lord, if I am not real – Show me what to do.

To make my life authentic – Because I want to be like You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home