Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Heart-Tours

Have you ever been on a Tour of Homes?  I’ve been on a few, and all the houses were amazing showcases but there were things missing: laundry, unswept floors, dust, dirty dishes, clutter.   As Believers, we are called to maintain lives that can be “toured” by others at any moment – without shame. Oh, my!  Charles H. Spurgeon wrote, “Our lives must be such that observers may peep within doors and may see nothing for which to blame us.”  Again I say – oh, my!  The life that can stand such scrutiny includes the most hidden places of the heart.  A heart of holiness – swept clean of sinful debris requires determined discipline and sanctifying grace.  "Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life." (Proverbs 4:23). This is a wise consideration for every serious follower of Jesus Christ: is my heart open for tours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home