Wednesday, March 4, 2020

The Rose of Sharon

There are very few flowers I can rightly identify but among those few is the rose. It's not necessarily my favorite flower but at least I can see it and name it!  Among the many Scriptural names referring to The Savior, I'm especially fond of one in Song of Solomon 2:1, "I am the Rose of Sharon." Israel's coastal Plain of Sharon is known for its richly fertile soil producing lovely flowers. How fitting Jesus would be likened to Sharon's roses, growing right where He was born, lived and ministered. Oh, and I can also close my eyes and identify the presence of a rose - yes, by its sweet-smelling fragrance! Did you know that's exactly how Believers are to be identified - by the Presence of Christ in us! Second Corinthians 2:15 says we are to be the "aroma of Christ to God" as we walk among a world in need of God's saving grace! It's good we consider if our lives are producing a pleasing aroma to God and to the world around us. Like the rose, let's the sweet aroma of The Rose of Sharon be your fragrance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home