Tuesday, July 14, 2020

He Is

Something I've come to enjoy is word games - imagine that! Sometimes a game wants a word that doesn't really seem like a word; that is, it's missing vowels! God revealed Himself as YHWH - try pronouncing that one. It's pronounced YAH-way, is God's most personal name, and occurs approximately 6,800 times in Scripture; we read it translated as LORD. To be sure, it isn't how many times it is used or how we pronounce it. No, most importantly is what we know of He Who proclaimed Himself as YHWH: "God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.'" (Exodus 3:14). The GREAT I AM means He never changes, His promises never fail, and He is completely faithful. God assures us, "I am the LORD, I do not change [but remain faithful]." (Malachi 3:6). It's hard to imagine but He IS, has always BEEN and forever will BE. For those who have trusted I AM, we know He IS because He has proved Himself to BE what He declares He IS. What a tremendous comfort in an evil, ever-changing, chaotic world there IS One Who remains.  HE IS I AM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home