Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Sweet Cancellation

My generation called the trunk of the car the "boot" but if you say that today, you get blank stares! There are so many new phrases these days - I can barely keep up. One such phrase made my ears perk-up: cancel culture. My mind went immediately to what has been cancelled for me! "In Him [Jesus] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace." (Ephesians 1:7). Just to be clear about redemption, it is the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt. My sin-debt was immeasurable, way more than I could bear or pay; Jesus assumed it, took-on my debt paying it in full. What I got was a paid-in-full notice; my debt was cancelled. I suppose people can focus on and talk about whatever "cancel culture" they prefer but will you join me me to rejoice in and tell others with word-and-deed about the Greatest Cancellation ever ... live in sweet cancellation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home