Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Heavenly Feast

There is an person who seems to rule too much of my life; that person is … me. Feeding on me is a pretty slim diet leading to spiritual famine. Scripture says, “And He rained down on them manna to eat and gave them the grain of heaven.” (Psalm 78:24). The Hebrews called it manna “like coriander seed, white, and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey” (Exodus 16:31). Consider for a moment: the nutrition in bread from heaven. Feeding upon Jesus in this life is good yet imperfect but, oh, the feast to come in Heaven! Here, “’tis but a taste,” but there we will know just how good and gracious He is. It’s been three years since my Mom left us, but she now knows the fullness of life as I cannot yet know. This one truth alone chases away a great sadness that threatens when I think of her. This is what God is teaching me: stop the steady diet of self – feed instead on Christ and His riches. What shame when Believers starve ourselves from lack of The True Bread! “This is the Bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of It and not die.” (John 6:50). The heavenly diet is both plenteous and satisfying, fulfilling all needs of soul and spirit. Don’t starve yourself; submit to a continual feast on Him. Begin to enjoy your Heavenly Feast now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home