Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Nothing Tops That

Of all the places I've ever been, one place I never care to visit again is under the house! I can only imagine the crawly things that hang out there! I don't even like looking at the opening to the crawlspace in our basement! Have you ever been “under” your circumstances? Being in the midst of circumstances is bad, but to be under them -- that’s a crisis indeed! In Psalm 142, David describes his circumstances like this: “my spirit faints within me … they have hidden a trap for me … I am brought very low … [my persecutors] are too strong for me.” (Psalm 142). If you think about it, circumstances alone wield no power – their fury comes only from how we respond to them. Kicking and screaming into-through them are common responses but produce no good results! David knew all about being under circumstances, and also knew just how to shake 'em off in-trade for peace and deliverance: “I cry to You, O LORD; I say, ‘You are my Refuge, my Portion in the land of the living.” There are lots of needy [life-sucking] things that hang out in the land-of-the-living but when we know Christ as our full and perfect Portion, circumstances become opportunities and the terribles that threaten us don’t survive to overtake us. Thankfully, Mister Bill isn't spooked by crawly things ... most of the time. Even better, God is Mightiest and Christ satisfies completely! Absolutely nothing tops that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home