Sunday, August 1, 2021

Claim a Promise

It's tough some days to just get-going! Although sluggish, all moving parts seem to be responding ... somewhat. This often describes not just the physical but the spiritual part of me! The psalmist asks, "Why are you so downcast, o my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?" (Psalm 43:5). What a profound question for Believers when there's such a profoundly confident answer! A "promise" is a declaration of assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen. Within the 66 books of The Bible, there are 8,810 promises made. Our confidence in these declarations of assurance is certain: "For as many as the promises of God are, in Him they are Yes; therefore through Him also is our Amen to the glory of God through us." (2 Corinthians 1:20). Our Yes and Amen (so be it, Lord) are certain and sure in Christ! That's why the writer concludes, "My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember You ... Hope in God ... my Salvation and my God." (V.6, 11). While you may experience physical brain fog, never forget the sure promises that belong to you. What promise will you claim today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home