Monday, August 2, 2021

Speak Truth

It should not surprise you to hear [from me] that words matter! They matter so much, in fact, there are certain words I'm teaching myself not to use. One such word is the word "chance" (aka luck), which [by definition] is "a force assumed to cause events that cannot be foreseen or controlled." Oh goodness, how often do we say "good luck" without thinking about what it really means: "Hey, I'm hoping that some force causes you to be blessed even though I don't know what will happen nor can it be controlled." Mm, yeah. Actually, it defies what we know to be true: life is designed "according to the purpose of Him [God] Who works all things according to the counsel of His [God's] will." (Ephesians 1:11). Did you know: not one sparrow (the smallest of birds) falls to the ground apart from God (Matthew 10:29? Or, that every hair on your head is numbered (Luke 12:7)? Chance or luck is a non-game for those who genuinely believe The Bible and trust in The Creator of heaven and earth; that He is not far from, separated, dis-interested, irrelevant to His creation, which includes you and me. "The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth." (Psalm 145:18). Sure, old habits are hard to break but I'm seriously working at speaking only His Truth. Help me, Lord, that my words may be holy and accurate ... yes, help me speak Truth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home